Friday 20 June 2014

Welcome to London

I must say, It's been a crazy past 48 hours. Actually, the past 3 weeks have been all around crazy. I was fully booked every day but it was worth it. I had so much fun seeing family and friends and saying goodbye to everyone was not easy. As much as I have wanted to do this adventure, I cannot see myself not coming back to Vancouver. I love it there too much and everyone along with it. Anyway, enough of that. The flight over here was pretty good for how cheap it was. There was, luckily, no one to my immediate right so I had some space. I, of course, only got maybe a few minutes of sleep. When I landed, I chilled at the airport for a bit to re-organize my luggage and prepare myself for the long trek to my friend Paige's place. Now, it may not have seemed like a long trek to some people but I had a massive (and heavy) suitcase, a massive (and heavy) backpack and another small (and heavy) backpack. I managed to stumble across town to Paige's and was exhausted by the time I got there. Nobody was home and without hesitation, I took a nap and woke up to find quite a few messages from Paige and my other Canadian friend, Natasha. I journeyed back across town to meet up with the two and it was a great sight to see a couple of familiar faces. We ventured over to a pub to have a few pints and eventually, watched the England/Uruguay game. Despite the loss, it was an awesome experience to witness a World Cup match at an English pub with everyone yelling, "Come on England!" and "Roooooney!" Unfortunately, Natasha had to fly out the next day for a visit to Vancouver (funny how that worked out) so I won't be seeing her for a few weeks. Fun first night but jeez, first day waking up in London and already hungover. Today is the SWAP/BritBound info session that I signed up for and they'll hopefully be a good resource for finding somewhere to live and finding a job. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment