Sunday 29 May 2016

Destination #41 - Ios, Greece

I think I'll keep this one quick. Ios is pretty much the second party island, other than Mykonos. Our couple of days here were spent mainly at the beach or in town doing some bar hopping. It's an interesting town as it pretty much depends on tourists to keep the bars open. I heard more North American accents in this place than anywhere else I've been in Europe. There seemed to be quite a few people who had just came to Ios recently and were already working as promoters for the bars. They would come down to the beach in the day, act like they were just visiting along with everyone else, become your friend, and then they'd slip in, "You guys should come out to this bar tonight, it's great, blah blah blah." It worked great as well..I saw a few Americans get sucked right in.

After 9 days, both my liver and wallet are hating me. Our tour group was small but we all bonded really well and we have an abundance of stories and memories from the tour. From Nicole having a tumble the first night, to everything being in GMT (Greek Maybe Time), to Ash being accused of peeing on someone's shoes in the hostel (long story). It was a good bunch of people and I'll miss them as I now move onto Italy. My favourite island was Santorini but each island had its own thing going on. Mykonos had the beautiful winding white washed streets, Paros had the calm and relaxing atmosphere, Santorini had the stunning views, and Ios had the beautiful beach and nightlife.







Next:
Milan
Venice
Cinque Terre
Rome
Sorrento
Assisi
Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment